Re: What about official GTK+ installer for win32?

On 10/26/06, Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- <jernej listsonly ena si> wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:40:48 -0400, Dominic Lachowicz wrote:

> My experience leads me to believe that we'd benefit from an official
> installer that didn't dump crap into System32 and for maintainers not
> to include GTK+- in their installers. At that point, I don't look any
> different than a typical end-user.

It's not that any official GTK+--related installers put stuff in System32,
it's other programs that do this. And Windows always searches System32
before PATH, which causes problems when somebody put an old (or broken)
version of a DLL that's included in the GTK+- runtime installer there.

This is one advantage of bundling GTK+ with packages. The package installers can place the dlls in the same directory as the executable, which I think trumps system32.

Michael