Re: What about official GTK+ installer for win32?

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:53:01 -0400, Dominic Lachowicz wrote:

> I think that the situation is much better than people here are making
> it out to be. Or, at least that's been my experience.

Things work fine in 99,99% of cases. It's the remaining 0,01% that's the
problem (and with over 1 million downloads GIMP 2.2.13 currently has, 0,01%
is more than enough to get noticed).

> I have Gaim, Gimp, Gnumeric, Glade-3, Workrave, gQview, and Xchat all
> using the same GTK+- runtime on WinXP, and they all work flawlessly. As
> far as I know, nothing gets installed into system/system32 - GTK+- gets
> installed into its own prefix, sets some registry keys, and things
> subsequently "just work".

Maybe you got lucky, and didn't install anything that dumps shared DLLs to
System32. And you know how to get those applications to behave next to
eachother. Typical end-user doesn't.

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >