Re: What about official GTK+ installer for win32?

Maybe you got lucky, and didn't install anything that dumps shared DLLs to
System32. And you know how to get those applications to behave next to
eachother. Typical end-user doesn't.

The funny thing is that both you and Tor assumed that I did something
special that a normal end-user couldn't do. I assure you that no magic
was involved. All I did was install GTK+ first (usually gladewin32),
and then install versions of Gaim, Gimp, etc. that had "no-gtk" in
their filename. And that's all.

My experience leads me to believe that we'd benefit from an official
installer that didn't dump crap into System32 and for maintainers not
to include GTK+ in their installers. At that point, I don't look any
different than a typical end-user.

Best,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.