Re: [gtk-devel-list] Design decisions for GLib and GTK+ on Win32

mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp writes:
 > Could we restrict pango to use Uniscribe as simple left-to-right
 > text rendering?

Why would we want to do that, when Uniscribe handles all the issues of
complex scripts, without Pango having to do anything special?  (And
rendering Arabic script is not simple.)

 > And, is it possible to switch complexed text layout system
 > between Uniscribe and HarfBuzz dynamically?

As Behdad said, Harfbuzz is not an alternative to Uniscribe.

--tml