Re: [gtk-devel-list] Design decisions for GLib and GTK+ on Win32

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:

Feel free to vote for or against deprecating gtk+ support for win95,
win98 and winME here...

It's much too late to vote with regard to win95, IMO. Gtk has been broken on that platform for ages, and I hardly think anyone is going to invest time fixing gtk on a crap OS that's over 10 years past its sell-by date.

Win98 is a somewhat different issue, since that OS is not totally broken and is still quite prevalent in some quarters. But here I take Tor's point: if you want to support win98 (as I do, in fact, for my gtk app), use the gtk 2.6 runtime.

Allin Cottrell
Wake Forest University