Re: gtk3 - correct application logic to get value of a setting from a GtkSettings object

first of all: do not ask a new question by attaching it to a new thread;
start a new thread.

On 2011-03-06 at 22:32, John Lumby wrote:

Inside my gtk application,   I'd like to get (i.e. discover) the name
of the current theme,which I believe is the  "gtk-theme-name"
property of the current window's  GtkSettings.  I see how to retrieve
the  GtkSettings object ,  using  gtk_settings_get_default () or
gtk_settings_get_for_screen (),but how do I extract the value of one
element such as gtk-theme-name.

g_object_get().

I *strongly* suggest you read the API reference and tutorial for the
GObject C API, and use the API references at:

  http://library.gnome.org/devel/

before asking on the mailing lists.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.