Resolving links and shortcuts

It's a long shot but I just wondered if glib or gtk+ have any functionality for resolving shortcuts on the
Windows platform? i.e. opening a shortcut and returning the path to whatever object it's pointing to?  I know
I can achieve this with COM and iShellLink but ideally, I'd prefer to use glib or gtk+ if possible.

I'm aware that hard links and symbolic links are supported on NTFS partitions, so (as a substitute) a
function to resolve a hard link or symbolic link might suffice if shortcuts aren't supported directly.

John