Re: Memory leaks

To describe the standard mechanism of garbage collection as a boneheaded
idea shows a total lack of awareness of first year Computer Science course
principles. ÂThat garbage collection has been refined and highly optimised
over the years is true; Âhowever it is a very necessary thing with modern
compiler technology. ÂLess so in the days of Cobol

Why would I want to program in C if I can't use manual memory
management? Of course not manual as in having to use custom
malloc/free implementations.

There is a great penalty to garbage collection in many instances and
one should have the option of not using it.

Now that I know this about the malloc/free implementation I don't
think of my coworkers at my ex-company as madmen for having written
their own malloc/free implementation for our product.