Re: Memory leaks

On 02/09/2011 06:08 PM, Costin Chirvasuta wrote:
Tip: (regarding whether or not that link is relevant) Intelligence
means analogy. Being able to make connections. If you understood my
meaning and thought it wrong you should have said "You analogy is
incorrect". Not point out that you didn't find one.

Why?  Your link is simply not relevant to the discussion at hand.  I
thought I implied that your analogy was incorrect by stating that.  I'm
sorry you were not able to "make [that connection]."  Your analogy is
incorrect, I say.

One last time for luck: Having a "gtk_cleanup()" has absolutely nothing
to do with efficient use of memory.  Whether gtk_cleanup() existed or
not would have zero impact on the memory usage of your GTK program.
Your program will still consume the same amount of RAM, allocated by
one-time initializations of the library instance.  Thus the argument as
to whether GTK+ should be made fully reentrant is completely orthogonal
to a pontification on efficient use of RAM.