Re: Memory leaks

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Costin Chirvasuta wrote:

So it's better to use suppresion with Valgrind then to add a
gtk_cleanup() counterpart to gtk_init()?

That's debatable, of course, but Yes, it's more efficient for the
ordinary use case of the GTK stack -- let the OS reclaim memory on
exit -- although it's slightly more awkward for GTK app developers
who want to check for true leaks in our apps.

If there were a gtk_cleanup() I'd probably use it, but I'm not
going to fault the GTK guys for not providing such a function. I
think they're doing a great job, and I'm OK with using a
suppression file when I'm checking my app's memory use.

Allin Cottrell