Re: Setting the font for Gtk::Button

ÂPerhaps 'deprecated' is a better description than obsolete. Âmsvcrt.dll is provided nowadays purely and
simply for backwards compatibility with older apps

Why does even the 64-bit notepad.exe, to pick an example, then link to
the 64-bit msvcrt.dll? Or the 64-bit ws2_32.dll, to pick another
example. OK, so those can maybe be said to be "older" apps and
libraries. Let's pick a new one, hmm, for instance dwm.exe, the
"Desktop Window Manager" that handles the desktop 3d and transparency
effects, since Vista (afaik), is that new enough? It too links to
msvcrt.dll.

64-bit Windows needs the dll because Win64 can still run 32-bit apps but AFAIK, no Microsoft compiler has
used it
or needed it for nearly 10 years.

I was talking about the 64-bit msvcrt.dll. Is it a surprise to you
that it exists?

And, if no Microsoft compiler uses the 32- or 64-bit msvcrt.dll,
please then tell me how the Microsoft DLLs and EXEs that link to it
are built? With MinGW?

The truth is that msvcrt.dll (32- and 64-bit builds) is heavily used
by Microsoft themselves. As a mere customer. you just have to jump
through some hoops to be able to use it, if you are in a purely
Microsoft tools only environment.  I think one needs to use a driver
development kit or something.

--tml