Re: Setting the font for Gtk::Button

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Emmas"

The outcome is that the VC++6 build seems to work exactly as
expected, so it looks like this could well be a C runtime issue after
all....  :-(

I guess it might be worth asking this question here....

My understanding is that gtk-win32 and its associated libraries have been
built using mingw, which uses the (now long obsolete) VC++6 runtime.  Having
said that, if anyone has ever produced VC++ project files (or makefiles that
are compatible with VC++) it would allow gtk-win32 etc to be built with a
more modern compiler (I don't mean superceding the official release - but
rather, an alternative release in parallel with it).

Does anyone know if any such build tools exist?  If so, it might save me
from having to re-invent the wheel..!

I do know that am (automake) makefules exist but they're not compatible with
Microsoft's nmake AFAIK.  Unless there's a conversion tool available?  That
might be useful too, if anybody knows of one.

John