Re: why button is hidden behind drawing area(win32)

I cant count how many time's I've said this: "widgets do not overlap in gtk+".

I'm sure that whatever design you want to achieve can be done by
packing widgets into containers normally.

My project is still in an early stage and I have other things to worry
about. However I do need overlapping widgets for the simple reason
that I am trying to mimic Windows and that's how it works. I
understand that from a design point of view this contradicts gtk+ but
I will have to figure out some way to make this work. Right now in
order to position widgets freely in a window i place a GtkFixed child
and make it contain everything. Eventually one solution may be using a
different bin widget but I still haven't come across something
suitable.

Atanas