Re: why button is hidden behind drawing area(win32)

I don't think it is supposed to work like this. I mean, two
overlapping widgets in a fixed. But maybe I am off. (BTW:
I tested your code under Gnu/Linux, a fairly recent Ubuntu.
Samebehaviour: the DrawingArea covers up the button).

What I don't understand, is why the widgets aren't just placed in the order they were created.

I can understand that won't neccesarially help with widgets that don't have their own GdkWindow, but buttons
and things put in event boxes, they should end up rendering (and working) quite predictably.

Is this an oversight in the GtkFixed widget, or a "design feature" for optimisation purposes?

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com