application launcher

hi all,

 I am trying to program a applauncher for a project

 the problems that i am facing are :

 1. how to convert my application in to a service or a daemon so that i can use it's resources again and
again with out having to reload the application each time

 i am suing XFCE 4.2 , GTK - 2.6.7 , and libwnck - 2.10.0.3

 the point is that  what i am doing is that i am going to use my application as part of the menus in the xfce
panel . and when user clicks an app there in menus or on application my app will recieve that app's
coman-line as a commandline option will then show a please wait on splash screen and change cursor to
hour-glass after that when the screen object of libwnck emits new window-opened signal (connected to in main
) the aplication is killed or as a matter of failsafe it dies automatically after 15 seconds (timeout_add)

 now what i want is that i should run this app as a background service and then send this serevice when ever
an app is fired from menu

 can anyone help with some guidance as to how to go about it or with some sample code for the same

 thanks all in advance