Re: why button is hidden behind drawing area(win32)

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 01:10:26AM -0400, Freddie Unpenstein wrote:

[...]
What I don't understand, is why the widgets aren't just placed in the order they were created.

Well, if it's not part of the documented interface, the implementors
will do whatever seems convenient at the moment. In this case, I could
well imagine adding new child widgets at the front of a linked list
(which is simpler) and then rendering the list front-to-back. This would
render the widgets newest-to-oldest, thus letting the older ones
overpaint the newer.

But the point is:  you can't rely on anything if it's not in the
official interface -- the implementors are free to (and will!) change
those things.

Regards
-- tomás