Re: dynamic containers issue

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 15:40 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> > In the above example, I think providers should be able to notify
> > "unknown" ItemCount/ContainerCount values.
>
>   How exactly does that improve anything for the example above?

As far as I understood your example, you were meaning to use
ItemCount/ContainerCount to know if child is browsable or not, weren't
you?

If so, that means source can tell "actually I don't need how many
children I have", which client should realize that it mean that either
it can't be computed, or to do it requires a lot of time. So what the
client would do is just to try browsing if he wants to do it.

Otherwise, I misunderstood the above example :)

	J.A.