Re: date/time-stamp function

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:50:13AM -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

Hmm, we have menu entries inserting the current date or the current
time. Unfortunately neither enters the current date and current time.
They probably both should enter current date and time with the only
difference being in how they format the cell.

Not really possible with the current interface.
They both create the formated string and start editing with that as
the entered text.  If the selected format does not contain
information, we lose it.  We can add

    Insert Date & Time  <control>period

in that menu.  To do it we'll need to generate some notion of a
default date_time format (which comes first time or date, days or
months ...) and all that good stuff.

/me adds to BUGS