Re: gnumeric is inexplicably broken on my machine: Now working

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 04:01, Alan E Davis wrote:
I don't use cups, at least I try not to use cups.  For me, lpd works fine, even for network printing.
However, my current unstable configuration was built on top of a Knoppix 3.3 install.  Since Knoppix is
KDE-centric, and uses CUPS out of the box, I have been flummoxed how to purge the printing setup of cups.
Printing has been screwed up on this very machine---when I print one page from emacs ('lpr-region' or
'lpr-buffer') three pages are printed, and sometimes blank pages are ejected.  So apparently my efforts to
purge the system of CUPS has failed.  There are a number of troublesome dependencies.

Perhaps that is the tree, up which I should bark.

Thanks for the clarification.  I will try to follow up if I figure out what gives.

Hi Alan,

if you want to use gnumeric without cups (or you want gnumeric to ignore
any remnants of a cups installation) compile it with --without cups or
remove the content of
/usr/[local/]lib/libgnomeprint/*/modules/
If those libraries (libgnomeprintcups.*) are not available, gnumeric
will not be able to access cups and simply use lpr.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences