Re: gnumeric is inexplicably broken on my machine

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 12:47:54AM +1000, Alan E Davis wrote:
Suddenly I have not been able to start gnumeric.  I am running
debian unstable, with gnumeric 1.2.6.  I haven't a clue what I've
done.  In .xsession-errors in my ~/, dozens of lines were left,
but I can't see them now, as I've rebooted.

No user on this machine can now use gnumeric.  I purged gnumeric
and reinstalled, but still no happiness.  I've been using the
program almost daily, for the past two weeks, with no problem.

Is there something I should be aware of?

What happens when you run it ?  1.2.6 had only bugfixes relative to
previous 1.2.x releases.  Nothing in it should have changed startup
behavior.  Try running strace gnumeric to see what it's doing when
it stops responding.