Re: gnumeric is inexplicably broken on my machine: Now working

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 21:33, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 13:24, Alan E Davis wrote:
Gnumeric is now working---again, inexplicably!  The only difference
I can see is I am using icewm.  I haven't upgraded any packages.

Alan Davis

This is consistent with the libcupsys problem that cups hangs when the
printer server does not respond.

The cups problem can bite you in unexpected ways - until you think about
it.

I had configured cups on my laptop to pick up printers from the cups
server, adding "ServerName foo.bar.no" to /etc/cups/client.conf.

Fine when in the office, but when I was traveling, gnumeric wouldn't
start. Because the cups server wasn't accessible from outside.

Actually, after a while it gave up trying and timed out. But that was
after *I* had lost patience and given up.

Jon Kåre