gnumeric is inexplicably broken on my machine

Suddenly I have not been able to start gnumeric.  I am running debian unstable, with gnumeric 1.2.6.  I
haven't a clue what I've done.  In .xsession-errors in my ~/, dozens of lines were left, but I can't see them
now, as I've rebooted.

No user on this machine can now use gnumeric.  I purged gnumeric and reinstalled, but still no happiness.
I've been using the program almost daily, for the past two weeks, with no problem.

Is there something I should be aware of?

Alan Davis

--
adavis eccomm com                                  1-670-235-6580
    Alan E. Davis,  P. O. Box 506164 CK, Saipan, MP 96950, NMI

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
                                  -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must not
conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.
                                  -- Albert Einstein

As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
                                  -- Benjamin Franklin