Re: Styleguide v0.5: Return to Enter

Kevin Breit wrote:

Lastly, I have put the decision to Jody:
<jody> THOU SHALL USE 'Enter'
The Jody has spoken.

Far be it from me to question the authority of a prophet (after all I work essentially for a church) but a look at the stone tablets called the "Gnome Documentation Project Style Guide" it says:

Return

    Definition:

The carriage return key on the alphanumeric part of the keyboard. In a text editor this key moves the cursor to the start of the next line. You can also use the Return key to initiate an action on the dialog element that has focus.
Enter

    Definition:

    The enter key on the numeric keypad.

I dare not to comtemplate the meaning of this conflict...

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow