Re: Styleguide v0.5

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> [Kevin Breit]
>>  > Use the name on the keyboard...whose keyboard? WHat if mine says
>>  > return?
>>  That is why I said "It is Enter, not Return".  I'll reword.
> I don't think I've ever seen a keyboard where the return key is
> labeled Enter.

Whle this may be true, the Logitech keyboard I am using to type this in
fact says "Enter" both on the main keyboard as on the keypad, although
on the main keyboard it is written at the top of the key with an arrow:
<_| below it.

The NeXT keyboards I used have return on the main keyboard with enter
barely visible above it.

> Enter is on the numeric keypad, and often behaves
> differently than Return.  The Return key is sometimes marked with an
> arrow (<-') rather than its name.  Also, on my keyboard, Control is
> spelled out.  I think this is more normal than Ctrl these days, and
> it's more readable anyhow.

again: a relatively new Logitech keyboard: Ctrl

It obviously varies.



Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]