Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga doesn't hear my mic, but skype works fine. Ekiga was working before.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 12:01:20AM +0900, ubunt2 gmail com wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Thanks so much! I couldn't figure out how to use alsa mixer, aside
> from the UpKey and DownKey. But I went to VolumeIcon->RightClick->Open
> Volume Control-> Capture Tab.
>

> The problem was that though Capture/Mic was on, Capture/Capture was
> off. So toggled Capture/Capture back to "on".
>
> I was also able to get rid of the echo in my voice. Before, when I
> said "Hello", I heard back "Hello-lo-lo-lo". But I muted the
> Capture/Capture, and no more echo.
>
> Now I need to figure out how to get rid of the echo the other party
> hears of his own voice when I do a call via a finarea service (SIP to
> SIP (which is really to a phone)).

Headphones is really the easiest answer.

The software echo cancellation (in the preferences) works to some
degree.

The best solution is a good quality hard-phone with good speakerphone,
but then you wouldn't need ekiga.

Simon