Re: UPDATE3 [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, Now both way calling OK, just no video

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:30:31 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> > > Some questions:
> > > 1) are you sure all gnomemeeting and netmeeting are configured to
> > > enable  video? It's no use to search for network issues if in fact
> > > they don't  even try to use video!
> > > 2) find a situation where *everything* works then see what breaks
> > > when
> > >
> > > you had something in-between. Hopefully the LAN situation is the
> > > easiest  to get going.
> >
> > Hi, Yes, I did this. When I am on the Lan, same lan both GM and NM,
> > everything works. Calls back and forth, Video back and forth, etc. I
> > dont touch anything, just take the GM off the NM's lan (go back to
> > my city with it) and try to use it, calls still go back and forth,
> > just video doesnt go at all. No changes made in the NM or GM. GM's
> > ports are open on the router, and I showed in my earliest post, and
> > NM's ports are open as well, but to clarify I will past here what is
> > open on either side.
> >
> > On Gnomemeeting side:
> >
> > 	1		NETMEETING		1720	1720	192.168.0.4
> > 	2		NETMEETING		1503	1503	192.168.0.4
> > 	3		H.245 for Netmeeting	30000	30010	192.168.0.4
> > 	4		Netmeeting Test		5000	5016	192.168.0.4
> >

> Is that a port forward? Does the NAT druid test tell "Cone NAT"?

Yes, that is a port forward from the Netgear router to the GM box. When
I run the druid, it says

STUN Test Result: blocked

Gnomemeeting could not detect the type of NAT you are using..........

> > And Netmeeting side:
> >
> > 1.	1024-65534 UDP
> > 2.	1024-1502  TCP
> > 3. 	1504-1730  TCP
> > 4.	1732-65534 TCP
> > 5.	1503-1503  TCP
> > 6.	1731-1731  TCP
> > (These ports were opened by the Belkin router, when I clicked on
> > Netmeeting ports options, kind of builtin feature)
> >
> > Did I miss something? Shouldnt it just work?
> >

> Yes it should. I really think something is problematic on the NM side,
> ie on the side you do not control.

I tried to install Openphone on the NM side, it worked internally on the
LAN, and now I came back home and it wont work anymore, through the two
routers and internet.

p.s. Congratulations on your Wedding