Re: UPDATE3 [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, Now both way calling OK, just no video

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:29:36 +0200
Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> > I was curious enough to travel to the
> > location where this NM resides, and hooked my GM to the same LAN,
> > and voila, video travels like a charm. No new ports opened on the
> > SP2 firewall, and nothing changed, just being on the same lan. When
> > I go back to my location, hook the GM to my router, it wont send
> > video again.
>
> Let me try to see if I understand:
> * Situation 1:
> GM - belkin - NM

Actually, GM - Netgear - Belkin - NM
> Result: almost perfect, just no video

RIght.. Same with GM - Netgear - Dterm router (DMZ open & Japan
location) - NM

Just there I cannot make a call from GM to NM. But when I make the call
from NM to GM, call works, but still no vide. Again, DMZ is open. So we
thought there was a strange problem, but now, having tried another NM
box, that also has access to all required ports, and it still doesnt
work, I mean the Video. So I thought, maybe it is the GM side, as with
both NM's, video doesnt travel. The ports I have open in front of the GM
are

	1		NETMEETING		1720	1720	192.168.0.4
	2		NETMEETING		1503	1503	192.168.0.4
	3		H.245 for Netmeeting	30000	30010	192.168.0.4
	4		Netmeeting Test		5000	5016	192.168.0.4

> * Situation 2:
> GM - NM
> Result: perfect
>
> Then the belkin is the problem...

I also believe that routing is bad, but I am not convinced that it is
the Belkin side. How can I troubleshoot it so that I would exactly know
where the problem is?

Thanks

Ben