Re: UPDATE2 [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, only one way and no video

Le mercredi 15 juin 2005 à 21:42 +0200, Benedek Frank a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I know my problem is very compilcated, sorry for the continuing mails, I am
> still looking for a solution.

No problem, I was just away and it seems I'm the only one willing to
help you :(

> What I discovered in my last LONG (sorry about that) mail, that the NM sends
> back something on ports above 30000. It is absolutely random, but once it

Check the content of the key :
/apps/gnomemeeting/protocols/h323/ports/tcp_port_range
(gconftool-2 -g /apps/gnomemeeting/protocols/h323/ports/tcp_port_range)

This port range should be allowed (ie allowed and/or forwarded) if you
are using Netmeeting. The reason is that Netmeeting doesn't support
H.245 Tunneling, so it is using one more TCP port. If NM is not broken,
it should really send back data on a port on the GnomeMeeting side in
the range specified by the gconf key.

> starts, it is consequent, meanting if a call generates a port request on
> 33454 the next calll will go to 33455. So I did a call, saw the port, then
> opened the next port on the router in front of the GM, and I started ringing
> the NM. This time, i didnt get the message "Remote host didnt accept call"
> but I got a message after 6-7 rings "Remote user offline", even though it was
> online. I was in the NM box with VNC, and it didnt ring.
>
> One more time, compiling where we stand.
>
> GM -- Router (ports open) --------IP Overseas --------- Router (DMZ to NM) NM
>
> In this setup, I can call from NM to GM, and I have audio but no video. When I
> call from GM to NM, it will say "Remote user doesnt accept call".

That's due to the H.245 thing.

For the video, I have no idea, are you sure that you are transmitting
and receiving small video? Are the video channels opened?