Re: UPDATE3 [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, Now both way calling OK, just no video

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:41:11 +0200
Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> > Just there I cannot make a call from GM to NM. But when I make the
> > call from NM to GM, call works, but still no vide. Again, DMZ is
> > open. So we thought there was a strange problem, but now, having
> > tried another NM box, that also has access to all required ports,
> > and it still doesnt work, I mean the Video. So I thought, maybe it
> > is the GM side, as with both NM's, video doesnt travel. The ports I
> > have open in front of the GM are
>
> Some questions:
> 1) are you sure all gnomemeeting and netmeeting are configured to
> enable  video? It's no use to search for network issues if in fact
> they don't  even try to use video!
> 2) find a situation where *everything* works then see what breaks when
>
> you had something in-between. Hopefully the LAN situation is the
> easiest  to get going.

Hi, Yes, I did this. When I am on the Lan, same lan both GM and NM,
everything works. Calls back and forth, Video back and forth, etc. I
dont touch anything, just take the GM off the NM's lan (go back to my
city with it) and try to use it, calls still go back and forth, just
video doesnt go at all. No changes made in the NM or GM. GM's ports are
open on the router, and I showed in my earliest post, and NM's ports are
open as well, but to clarify I will past here what is open on either
side.

On Gnomemeeting side:

	1		NETMEETING		1720	1720	192.168.0.4
	2		NETMEETING		1503	1503	192.168.0.4
	3		H.245 for Netmeeting	30000	30010	192.168.0.4
	4		Netmeeting Test		5000	5016	192.168.0.4

And Netmeeting side:

1.	1024-65534 UDP
2.	1024-1502  TCP
3. 	1504-1730  TCP
4.	1732-65534 TCP
5.	1503-1503  TCP
6.	1731-1731  TCP
(These ports were opened by the Belkin router, when I clicked on
Netmeeting ports options, kind of builtin feature)

Did I miss something? Shouldnt it just work?

Thanks

Ben