Re: UPDATE3 [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to Netmeeting, Now both way calling OK, just no video

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:26:10 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > When I run this, I get this:
> >
> > vaio:/home/ben# gconftool-2
> > -g /apps/gnomemeeting/protocols/h323/ports/tcp_port_range
> > 30000:30010
> > vaio:/home/ben#
> >
> > When I log into my router, these ports are open for me
> >
> > 	1		NETMEETING		1720	1720	192.168.0.4
> > 	2		NETMEETING		1503	1503	192.168.0.4
> > 	3		H.245 for Netmee	30000	30010	192.168.0.4
> > 	4		Netmeeting Trying	5000	5016	192.168.0.4
> >
> > Now, I am puzzled again. The ports are all open. On the NM side,
> > there is DMZ>  I can even telnet to port 1720. What might be wrong?
>
> Sorry, I have no idea. Probably somebody else can help you, but I'm
> personally out of ideas.
>

> > > For the video, I have no idea, are you sure that you are
> > > transmitting and receiving small video? Are the video channels
> > > opened?
> >
> > When I send a call to a NM on my local network, the video goes
> > through, so I  think it should work fine overseas as well. The two
> > NMs are identical,  Japanese Windows XP. One works, that is on the
> > LAN, and one rejects, which is  in Japan.
> >

> So we are back at square 1 : NAT problem.

Hi

Do you still remember still my problem? I in the meantime located
another NM box, wich now is in Hungary (same as I am) and has a
Hungarian windows, that I do understand. What happenes is, that it has a
Belkin router in front, and that belkin has a built in feature for
Netmeeting, so I can just click, and all ports are open for the NM.
Great, I am able to make calls now from the GM to the NM box with no
problem. So we established, that the problem was on the Japanese NM'
side, sone weird routing issue, maybe ISP related. So now, I have
ability to call from GM to NM and NM to GM. Call goes through, all
happy, except no video again. I was curious enough to travel to the
location where this NM resides, and hooked my GM to the same LAN, and
voila, video travels like a charm. No new ports opened on the SP2
firewall, and nothing changed, just being on the same lan. When I go
back to my location, hook the GM to my router, it wont send video again.

Somebody must be able to tell me how can I troubleshoot this problem?
Tcpdump on GM side, but what on NM side? And how to use Tcpdump
efficiently? Or what else to use? Really flustating problem.

Thanks again and sorry for the long-lasting thread. I hope I am close to
solution.

THanks

Bence