Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I want my users advice

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:47:20AM +0100, Miguel Rodríguez Pérez wrote:

> > > Also, I'm not arguing about the Chat button, it will no doubt be an
> > > important function of GnomeMeeting. But the Preferences aren't an
> > > essential function of GnomeMeeting in the same way. People don't shout
> > > "Hooray, today I found an application that let's me change
> > > GnomeMeeting's Preferences, it's called GnomeMeeting!". I hope you
> > > understand the difference.
> >
> > Not really. Again and again, when you are in a call, you need a quick access
> > to change the preferences while you are talking. Really try the CVS of GnomeMeeting
> > one of those days, and you will understand that.
> >
> I don't think so. I think you're confusing the ability to change the
> settings during a call, with the need to change them. While it's great
> to be able to change video size and frame rate (for instance) while
> you're in a call, I don't think is such a common case, unless you're
> troubleshooting your setup (which should only happen once).

I disagree, such things depends on the person to who you are talking and of his connection
type. For example, if my settings are for very good quality calls, and that I'm talking to you
with your bad network connection, I will quickly go in the preferences to change the framerate,
the jitter buffer, the video quality, quiclky before you are flooded and disconnected.

I don't see what is wrong with this preferences button.
I'll take a screenshot of that awful GnomeMeeting with the horizontal toolbar, but apparently,
you and Christian do not really care of the design of an UI.

Some others in the ml seem, fortunately, to agree with me.

I'll do it my way. If you want a unique horizontal toolbar, go look how balsa work, and
code me a way (like in balsa) to decide which buttons you want and on which toolbars.

I'm waiting for such improvements.