Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I want my users advice

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 02:43:48AM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> Nevertheless, this thread was more about the need for a vertical toolbar
> than unneeded buttons. But even if GnomeMeeting has few buttons, it has
> more than should be (see the Preferences button), and more buttons add

* I really think that the preferences button should be there in GnomeMeeting 0.13.
Why ? Simply because you will be able to change options like the video quality during
calls. That is new, but many settings will be able to change during the call.
And I personnaly like to have a direct access to the preferences buttons for that purpose.

* For the toolbars :
	- They will be togglable with the view menu
	- Everything in the main interface will be dockable everywhere you want
	- I think that I will remain with my idea of the vertical toolbar because
	I think that the HIG and the rest have not been thought for small video
	applications like GnomeMeeting. My first try was to have a unique toolbar
	with the URL in it (like Galeon), but the application was very wide, and had
	a small height and it hurted my eyes because of the empty space around the video
	window. Moreover it seems to be very intuitive for me to have those buttons on the
	right to popup the new chat window and other things for which I want a direct access.