Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I want my users advice

fre 2002-02-01 klockan 11.36 skrev OverrideX:
> Just throwing in my two cents on this one - I like the idea of having
> both horizontal and a vertical toolbar, they contrast each other well,
> to split up buttons into groups instead of having everything thrown
> together at the top of the app.

The grouping of the buttons surely is something that is desirable and
that should be done -- it just shouldn't be done by introducing a new
kind of toolbar. There's no need to; the grouping can be accomplished by
adding a separator to the existing toolbar. You also won't find vertical
toolbars in any other GNOME application (at least I can't remember one),
and in this aspect GnomeMeeting breaks consistency.

> With the size of the video being what
> it is it only makes sense to use the empty space for something useful,
> and a vertical toolbar fills that void well.

There are a lot of potential controls that would make more effective use
of the free space, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are
desirable.

Christian