Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:44:57 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Jan proposed a set of functions that only modify the GUI, ie the
> frontend.

Yes. The approach was to define an interface that doesn't really care
about the real backend. I also wasn't sure if that interface should
take GMContact structs at all, because it webs it together with Ekiga
in an IMHO insane manner. Okay, that's taste. What I didn't want at all
(and didn't do) is to connect that composite widget directly to the
managers of OPAL. That makes no sense to me. Some middle-layer will be
needed for that (as usual), to operate as an interface between both
layers.

Eeew, that sounds like a talk about networking theory ;-) But actually
it's very similar.

Regards,
Jan

--