Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:26:54 +0200
Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> > I'm just at the beginning of the latter one (seemed more logic to
> > me). Snark?
>
> The later one is easier indeed. What about agreeing on the api before
> someone jumps writing some code ? ;-)

It was a basic test for me, if I am able at all to do this.

if (GMContact*) foo->uid is Ekiga-wide uniq, you can communicate to the
roster only with three functions (don't blame me for the names...):

gmroster_add_contact (GMRoster*, GMContact*);
gmroster_del_contact (GMRoster*, GMContact*);
gmroster_switch_contact (GMRoster*, GMContact*, gboolean);

_IF_ the uid is uniq...

The group names can be taken out of the contacts, and maybe you need
some interfaces to influence the behaviour of the roster (e.g. only
show online contacts, how to treat contacts that are members of
multiple groups, how to treat contacts that have no group specified).

J.

--
Live as if your were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.