Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

Damien Sandras a écrit :
I do not think it is our job to provide a DBUS interface to the
evolution address book actually.

Quite true.

The same principle is used by Ekiga for the address book than for the
rest of the code.
The problem is that GTK+ is not thread-safe, so to avoid crossed mutex
deadlocks, we had to separate the update of the UI from the update of
the backend.

We can use another principle for the address book, I don't mind, but we
have more important features to add to the address book than this. If
you spend 3 months on the address book, just to change to way the
current code works, and that there are no user visible changes, then it
is not a good idea.

Ok, then let me read how SIP IM works and I'll see what we can do.