Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

El dom, 26-03-2006 a las 16:36 +0200, Julien PUYDT escribió:
> Damien Sandras a écrit :
> > The address book has to stay. It is a way to store local contacts, and
> > to find new "remote" contacts using LDAP or any other mean.
>
> Yes, that is what was settled.
>
> > Each contact belongs to groups. Each contact can even belong to several
> > groups using Evolution.
>
> Indeed.
>
> > We would need to add a specific group. I do not have a good naming, but
> > let's call that group "ERoster" for now (Ekiga Roster).
> >
> > When the user adds a contact to the address book, that contact is
> > identified by an URL. That URL can be H323, SIP, XMPP or anything else.
> > He can add the specific contact to the ERoster group. (We need to find
> > an intuitive way of doing this. A simple check box "Part of the roster"
> > might be enough).
>
> I don't agree here : you're basically making the roster flat (ie : no
> groups in the roster)! I'd rather see the roster become a real
> addressbook, with groups being what ekiga now names "categories".

  I think what Damien is trying to propose is something similar to what
Gmail makes for using XMPP within the web interface. Somehow they have
the same problem: two contact types in addressbook. What they make is
sowhing presence in addressbook and at the same time, those users in
XMPP roster are also showed in a "Quick Contacts" space in main window.
You can make some contacts appear there always or never, having or not
having presence. If they have, their status will be upgraded, if not,
they will be shown as offline/unknown.

  We can get groups easily, by groupping contacts in roster following
groups defined in addressbook.

  Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo