Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

Damien Sandras a écrit :
The current behavior is part of a discussion that we had together 2
years ago. I can understand you changed your mind in-between, however I
do not think we can afford rewriting things that work for 2.2 or 3.00.

With me being nearly alone coding on OPAL, we do not have the time to do
complex changes on such things that are not user-visible.

So if you tell me it will take you 2 evenings, then I will tell you: do
it.

If you tell me that it will take you 1 month, then I vote against it.

If you are using a change -> signal -> modify approach, you will quickly
see in the gmconf backend that the easiest way to do things is to
rebuild entirely the address book for each change. That is not an
option. So you will have to know in your GMConf callbacks what contact
has been modified/deleted/added and modify only this one in the GUI.

Without a clean backend/frontend separation, the dbus component will not be able to work correctly with addressbooks :-/