Re: Map Library

On Tue, 17 May 2011, Matthias Clasen wrote:

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Michael Terry
<michael terry canonical com> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 10:54 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:

I would just have to do a little cleanup and generalization on the
Completion class to make it fit for public consumption.  And using
libgweather for offline mode would be better than its current behavior of
just directly using tz data.

Yeah, there's some hacks in there that should not make it out into a
public library :-) Anyway, I think having this combined with the
libgweather entry for offline would be great.  But getting that
cleanup/merge sorted out should not block us from setting up a home
for the timezone map widget. So, what do we call the library/project ?
Also, given that Thomas Wood is listed as the author of the map
widget, I guess it would be fair to ask for his ok too - Thomas ?

The map widget was essentially a conversion to C from the original Python version that appears in Ubuntu's Ubiquity installer. However not all the features of the original were completed in the C version. For example, the timezone selection in the Python version is probably more sophisticated. If it is being moved to another library then it would be good for someone to review it against the original.

Regards,

Thomas