Re: Map Library

On 05/16/2011 01:59 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Turns out that Matthias asked me the exact same thing for the first time
wizard (it was supposed to be added to the control-center, but made more
sense in GDM).
Good timing. I was about to go create a custom map library for Ubuntu's needs. Seems I could learn a few things from Matthias about how to request changes in control-center. :)

You guys can hash out what you need the widget to provide. I think it'll
probably be quite cumbersome to move, depending on whether you just want
the map widget, or the selection bits as well (the drop-downs we have
now are not the best, and I completely failed at trying to use
libgweather's location entry instead).
In Ubuntu, we used a geonames-powered entry because it provides population data as well as non-weather-station oriented results. Is that of any interest to you? Ideally it could be added to this new library.

-mt