Re: Map Library

On 05/16/2011 06:39 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 14:47 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:
On 05/16/2011 02:38 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Does geocode-glib provide population data?  (Or at least sort in a
meaningful way, which is all we are using that data for.)
No, we only use it for geocoding. So that we'd guess your location
somehow (IP address, visible WiFi networks, GPS device, etc.) and pass
it to geocode-glib. geocode-glib would give us the approximate location,
including TZ information.

Or the user would type "London", and it would guess the location
(including TZ) from that.
So, geocode-glib will take a string and give you a single location as a best guess of what the user meant? Or does it return a set of possible answers that the user can choose from (ala autocomplete) to choose from all the Londons in the world?

-mt