Re: Control Center 3.0

Hello Thomas

> * a single window approach (no separate capplet windows)
Heh, I see you want to reinvent MacOS CC, don't you ?;)

> * a common way to change 'system' properties (i.e. a way to become root
> when needed)
How do you plan to do it so that it would work in all distros???

> * scalability with third party 'capplets'
This one IMHO would be more realistic than supporting system editing
inside main gnome tree. Once we make capplets easy to create and
integrate (and, if we manage that, even plug extra functions to
existing capplets) - we could leave the rest to distromakers.

Cheers,

Sergey