Control Center 3.0

Hi,

We've been discussing various things on IRC about what we'd all like to
see in Control Center for GNOME 3.0. Quite a lot of people are
interested in this, including folks from the gnome-shell team, the
Moblin team, Sun and others.

I think, for starters we all share the same vision. Here are a couple of
goals I think we are aiming for:

* a single window approach (no separate capplet windows)

* an 'intelligent' search bar in the shell window (e.g. 'projector'
matches display properties)

* a common way to change 'system' properties (i.e. a way to become root
when needed)

* some way to set system defaults

* better categorisation of settings

* scalability with third party 'capplets'

* make sure we fit on (e.g.) 1024x600

* Is there anything people think I've missed out?

Further References:

mpt's  ideas: http://live.gnome.org/SystemSettings

Sun's ideas:
http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/ControlCenter