Re: A patch to make gnome-control-center use xml-i18n-tools

On 18 Jul 2001 13:50:19 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
<snip>
> I'm working on it, but I don't like this solution because we should
> update our xml files every time that XScreenSaver updates its
> XScreenSaver_ad.h file. I also don't like the fact that XSreenSaver
> don't use our widgets to ask your password, I think that this way we are
> confusing the GNOME user. It's possible to get those changes into the
> main xscreensaver module? (with, for example, a --enable-gnome switch to
> only get those changes at building time and let use the actual widgets
> by default, something like dia, that could use plain gtk or gnome).

I am certain JWZ will not accept such changes into XScreensaver. He has
stated as much in the past.

Ideally, the solution is to write a new daemon that does not have the
breakage that XScreensaver has. It is not easy to find a person to do
this, though, since we cannot afford to assign a full-time employee to
it.

--
-Bradford Hovinen

We are most probably here for local information-gathering and
local-Universe problem-solving in support of the integrity of
eternally regenerative Universe.

   -- R. Buckminster Fuller