Re: A patch to make gnome-control-center use xml-i18n-tools

El d_ 17 Jul 2001 17:22:08 -0400, Bradford Hovinen escribi_
> On 17 Jul 2001 22:58:38 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> >
> > Well, I suppose that we need to extract the "hacks.*.documentation:"
> > sections from this file and the best thing we could do is include it
> > inside the xml file for this screensaver as, for example, we could add:
> >
> > <description>
> >   SOMETHINGS
> > </description>
> >

> > Then, when we refresh this file we will need to refresh the
> > descriptions.
> >

> > What do you think?
>
> What you suggest was one of those no-nos that JWZ complained about -- he
> wants everyone to use the appdefaults. Frankly, however, I have lost all
> hope at trying to make him happy and I don't care any more what he
> wants. Hence, that consideration is no longer valid.

I don't understand why use appdefaults :-?, why don't use a much more
easy way to i18n his application?

This way the only solution is to get translated the XScreenSaver.ad file
and it's very hard to update the translations :-(

> In other words, sounds fine :-)  If you write a patch and it looks good,
> I'll commit it.

I'm working on it, but I don't like this solution because we should
update our xml files every time that XScreenSaver updates its
XScreenSaver_ad.h file. I also don't like the fact that XSreenSaver
don't use our widgets to ask your password, I think that this way we are
confusing the GNOME user. It's possible to get those changes into the
main xscreensaver module? (with, for example, a --enable-gnome switch to
only get those changes at building time and let use the actual widgets
by default, something like dia, that could use plain gtk or gnome).