Re: [wgo] web design

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 16:45 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hmm... I thought the tabs were the secondary navigation.

The tabs form the primary navigation of wgo. See "wgo secondary bars" at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Navigation

>  Do you think
> *.gnome.org sites will need their own navigation beyond the tabs?

Some will, some won't, but we are not giving them any rule beyond the
General navigation bar at the very top. Anything below that can be done
as they wish. In other words, if the subsites want to pick your tabs as
their primary navigation, great. If not, no problem.

Maybe one day we will demand a higher level of integration to the
subsites. As for 2.18 we will only request them to adopt the General nav
bar.

> Okay. If there are specific points that are failing to convince you let
> me know and I can try to address them!

You are offering 2 feet, 2 "Home" and 3 links to www.gnome.org in the
same left region of the header. I would try getting rid of all this
redundancy offering something like a megatab going up until overlapping
85% of the black bar at the top with 1 big foot, i "GNOME" and 1 link to
www.gnome.org.