Re: Re: [wgo] web design

On 11/16/06, Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 16:45 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hmm... I thought the tabs were the secondary navigation.

The tabs form the primary navigation of wgo. See "wgo secondary bars" at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Navigation

Yeah. I got caught out by that. The black bar at the top is the
zerothary bar, basically. Typical programmers ;)

I still think adding another row of things on only some pages of wgo
will upset the look of the header.

You are offering 2 feet, 2 "Home" and 3 links to www.gnome.org in the
same left region of the header. I would try getting rid of all this
redundancy offering something like a megatab going up until overlapping
85% of the black bar at the top with 1 big foot, i "GNOME" and 1 link to
www.gnome.org.

The 2 feet problem is unavoidable. Sites like Art, Foundation, Live,
Library have logos that ARE the foot or are very similar to the foot,
and they'll want to stick it top left, just below our HOME link. Learn
to like it. You have two feet, and you're ok ;)

I really like the latest design :)