Re: [wgo] web design

Quim Gil wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 16:19 -0500, M��Duffy wrote:
I just uploaded a couple of header mocks today to show how it could look:

http://mihmo.livejournal.com/33912.html

David, note that the header mockups don't feature yet that secondary
navigation bar, that would be another horizontal bar just below the
primary. More in the svg files at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/PageStructure

Hmm... I thought the tabs were the secondary navigation. Do you think *.gnome.org sites will need their own navigation beyond the tabs?

If so, maybe for *.gnome.org sites that could be handled in the space we use for banners, since that space might be less relevant for them? eg look at art.gnome.org today - their right-hand side nav could still work with this header.

M�� I'm personally still unconvinced about the feet and the Homes
but let's move forward and go for
http://people.redhat.com/duffy/gnome-brand/wgo/wgo_header-nov16.png .

Okay. If there are specific points that are failing to convince you let me know and I can try to address them!

Perhaps we find a better solution when prototyping, maybe not. In any
case your last header looks good and works well with the plans. Cool!

cool :)

~m