Re: Google ads on Gnome pages?

Lars probably meant to 'Reply all' :)

Lars Clausen wrote:
Ross Golder sagde:
Quim Gil wrote:
Do we have an estimation of the money those ads could bring to the
GNOME Foundation? This is the essential question anybody asks about
advertisement plans. I might rectify if those ads turn to be a
remarkable source of income for the project.

He wasn't specific, but my impression was that Lars was asking whether
individual projects could place the ads on the pages related to their
project to generate funding for *their* project, not for the Foundation
as a whole. Lars, please can you clarify?

That was my plan, indeed, sorry for not being clearer about it.  We've
been getting some donations through Sourceforge, which we're putting to
good use as bug hunting rewards, so we were pondering if we can get more
this way.   Allowing per-project ads raises more potential issues than
having ad-money go to GNOME as such, but can also reward popular projects.
 If this was to be allowed, there probably should be a clear entry about
what you can do with ads.  A third way -- I think this is technically
feasible, but probably organizationally cumbersome -- is to manage it
centrally but send ad money that's received for project pages on to
project maintainers/project funds.

-Lars