Re: Google ads on Gnome pages?

There was a time when a webmaster of a community project would be
insulted and hit with e-tomatoes when suggesting to place a commercial
banner somewhere in the website. But Google is doing such a good work
marketing their advertising products that you are not the first one
suggesting this idea for GNOME.

I personally think that we better don't have any kind of ads. But this
sounds too subjective so I'll try to formulate my objection in a
different way:   ;)

Do we have an estimation of the money those ads could bring to the
GNOME Foundation? This is the essential question anybody asks about
advertisement plans. I might rectify if those ads turn to be a
remarkable source of income for the project.